Surgical SECOND OPINION
SECOND OPINION, follows an established model utilized during the last years by a growing number of Academic Institutions, including Stanford, UPenn, Mayo Clinic, Cornell, Mass General, Columbia, Hopkins, etc.
In its general definition, SECOND OPINION consists in a chart review of the medical records available, without a direct Doctor/Patient interaction, performed by a recognized expert in the field, resulting in a written report reflecting the analysis, assessment, and therapeutic plan applicable for that Patient.
In our Center, we have introduced some additional angles to the SECOND OPINION model:
- Prior to this step, every patient has already a direct interaction with Dr Ruhoy, to guarantee a thorough evaluation
- Only patients who are who are potential candidates for invasive or surgical procedures are referred to the SECOND OPINION step
- In addition to the SECOND OPINION letter, the patient also receives educational material, and a dedicated video pertinent to her/his individual case
- With very few exceptions, the Plan formulated in the SECOND OPINION stage involves the execution of Invasive Procedures to be conducted at our Hospital at a later date, thus allowing an extensive face-to-face interaction with Dr Bolognese, before any surgery is performed.
- Invasive Procedures are very important in our workup, since they allow us to test our running diagnostic hypotheses at a higher standard, before finalizing our diagnosis, or implementing our therapeutic plan (“measure twice, cut once”).
- As an added effect, this SECOND OPINION formula is going to result in faster turnaround time for the patients requiring surgery.
Office paperwork for Second Opinion (click here.)