Surgical SECOND OPINION
SECOND OPINION, follows an established model utilized during the last years by a growing number of Academic Institutions, including Stanford, UPenn, Mayo Clinic, Cornell, Mass General, Columbia, Hopkins, etc.
In its general definition, SECOND OPINION consists in a chart review of the medical records available, without a direct Doctor/Patient interaction, performed by a recognized expert in the field, resulting in a written report reflecting the analysis, assessment, and therapeutic plan applicable for that Patient.
In our Center, we have introduced some additional angles to the SECOND OPINION model:
- Prior to this step, every patient has already a direct interaction with Dr Ruhoy, to guarantee a thorough evaluation
- Only patients who are who are potential candidates for invasive or surgical procedures are referred to the SECOND OPINION step
- In addition to the SECOND OPINION letter, the patient also receives educational material, and a dedicated video pertinent to her/his individual case
- With very few exceptions, the Plan formulated in the SECOND OPINION stage involves the execution of Invasive Procedures to be conducted at our Hospital at a later date, thus allowing an extensive face-to-face interaction with Dr Bolognese, before any surgery is performed.
- Invasive Procedures are very important in our workup, since they allow us to test our running diagnostic hypotheses at a higher standard, before finalizing our diagnosis, or implementing our therapeutic plan (“measure twice, cut once”).
- As an added effect, this SECOND OPINION formula is going to result in faster turnaround time for the patients requiring surgery.
Office paperwork for Second Opinion (click here.)
Surprise Medical Bills
Read about Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills