U.S. EPA 2012 Scientific and Technological Achievement Award (STAA – Level II) [selected by the U.S. EPA Science Advisory Board] for paper published in Environmental Toxicology & Chemistry, 2009, 28(12):2495-2521; doi:10.1897/08-382.1 [awarded 25 September 2013]: View here
U.S. EPA 2012 Scientific and Technological Achievement Award (STAA – Honorable Mention) [selected by the U.S. EPA Science Advisory Board] for paper published in Environment International, 2009, 35(3): 566-572; doi:10.1016/j.envint.2008.10.007 [awarded 25 September 2013]: View here
U.S. EPA 2011 Scientific and Technological Achievement Award (STAA – Honorable Mention) [selected by the U.S. EPA Science Advisory Board, awarded 18 June 2012] for papers published in Environment International, 2008, 34(8):1157-1169; doi:10.1016/j.envint.2008.05.002 (View here) and in Drug Safety, 2008, 31(12):1069-1082
- PaxMedica, Inc., Scientific Advisory Board, May 2021 – Present
- EDS Research Foundation, Board Member, November 2020 – Present
- Bobby Jones Chiari and Syringomyelia Foundation, SEA Board, August 2021 – Present
- Jetson Brand, Inc., Medical Advisory Board, 2020-Present
- GEM, Inc, Medical Advisory Board, 2020-Present
- Neuroneeds, Inc., Scientific Advisory Board, 2020-Present
- PureJuicer, Inc, Chief Medical Expert, 2020-Present
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM)
- International Headache Society (IHS)
- American Headache Society (AHS)
- Movement Disorder Society (MDS)
- International Lyme and Associated Disease Society (ILADS)
- International Society for Environmental Acquired Illness (ISEAI)
- EDS Society
- American Autonomic Society (AAS)
- Life Inverted. Documentary on Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. Scheduled for release, April 2022
- Ruhoy IS and Weaver J. Preventative Neurology, Seminars in Neurology, Thieme Medical Publishers, November 2022.
- Ruhoy IS and McBurney J, co-editors. Integrative Neurology, Andrew Weil Integrative Medicine Series. Oxford University Press. September 2020.
- University of Arizona Integrative Medicine Fellowship. Neurology section 2019.
- Ruhoy IS and Bolognese, P. “POTS and SFN.” Israeli EDS Society Monthly Meeting, Virtual Meeting, Tel Aviv, Israel, May, 2021.
- Ruhoy IS and Kaufman, DM. “The Septad Patient and CCI.” ILADS Annual Conference, Virtual Meeting, August 2020.
- Ruhoy, IS. “Mitochondrial Transfer and Stem Cell Therapy”. International Cell Society Annual Meeting. Las Vegas, NV. June 2020.
- Ruhoy, IS. “Anti-Inflammatory Options for When Plaquenil is Not Available.” Webinar, Dysautonomia International. April 14, 2020.
- Ruhoy, IS, “Alternative approaches for mitochondrial myopathies.” AANEM Annual Meeting, Austin, TX, October 2019
- Ruhoy, IS. “Mitochondria and Stem Cells.” Cell Surgical Network Annual Meeting. Los Angeles, CA May 2019
- Ruhoy, IS. “Natural Approaches to Pain.” AAN Annual Meeting. Philadelphia, PA, May 2019
- Ruhoy, IS. “Neurology for Primary Care.” NAPCP, Naturopathic Association for Primary Care Providers Annual Meeting. Bastyr University, Seattle, WA., January 2018.
- Ruhoy IS. “Human Health and the Environment.” National Council on Science and the Environment (NCSE) Annual Meeting. Washington, DC. January 2017.
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS (partial list):
- Bateman L, Chu L, Ruhoy IS, et al. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Essentials of Diagnosis and Management. Mayo Clinic Proceedings; August 25, 2021. DOI: Read here
- Afrin L, Ruhoy I, et al. Diagnosis of mast cell activation syndrome: a global “consenus-2.” Diagnosis, 20200005, eISSN 2194-802X, ISSN 2194-8011, DOI: Read here
- Reijnders MRF, Janowski R, Alvi M, Ruhoy IS, et al. PURA syndrome: clinical delineation and genotype-phenotype study in 32 individuals with review of published literature. read here 2018 Feb;55(2):104-113. doi: 10.1136/jmedgenet-2017-104946.
- Ruhoy IS, Oakley J, Jayadev S, and Weiss M. “Two Siblings with Genetically Proven HNPP and Autonomic Neuropathy.” Accepted for poster presentation at the 2015 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting. Washington, DC. April 18-25. 2015 ID no.: PT.037.
- Ruhoy IS, Saneto R, Rutledge J, and Gospe SM. “Febrile illness-related epilepsy syndrome (FIRES): A compilation of 6 patients and literature review.” Accepted for poster presentation at The 5th London-Innsbruck Colloquium on Status Epilepticus and Acute Seizures. London, United Kingdom, April 9 – 11, 2015. ID no.: 237 / 0385
- Ruhoy IS and Saneto R. “The genetics of Leigh syndrome and its implications for clinical practice and risk management.” Appl Clin Genet. 2014;7:221-234.
- Ruhoy IS, Merritt, JL and Amlie-Lefond C. “Clinical Observations Cystathionine Beta-synthase Deficiency Heralded by Cerebral Sinus Venous Thrombosis and Stroke.” Ped Neurol 2013, Article-in-press.
- Daughton C.G. and Ruhoy I.S. “Lower-Dose Prescribing: Minimizing ‘Side Effects’ of Pharmaceuticals on Society and the Environment,” Science of the Total Environment 2013, 443:324-337; doi:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2012.10.092 (including supplementary data).
- Daughton C.G. and Ruhoy I.S. “Green Pharmacy & PharmEcovigilance: Prescribing and the Planet,” Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology, 2011, 4(2):211-232; doi: 10.1586/ecp.11.6; available: Read here
- Daughton C.G. and Ruhoy I.S. “Pharmaceuticals in the Environment – Why Should We Care?” (PDF, 8 pp., 81 KB, about PDF) In: Pharmaceuticals in the Environment: Current Knowledge and Need Assessment to Reduce Presence and Impact , B. Roig (Ed.), IWA Publishing, London, UK, 2010; Foreword pages xiii-xvii; ISBN: 9781843393146. Read here.
- Daughton CG and Ruhoy IS. “Reducing the Ecological Footprint of Pharmaceutical Usage: Linkages between Healthcare Practices and the Environment,” In: Green and Sustainable Pharmacy, Klaus Kümmerer and Maximilian Hempel (Eds.), Springer, Chapter 6, 2010, pages 77-102; ISBN:978-3-642-05198-2; Read here
- Ruhoy IS and Kaye LW. “Pharmaceuticals in the Water: Relevance to Older Adults,” Generations, in press January, 2010.