To satisfy in a timely fashion the fast-growing demand for clinical evaluations and for surgical procedures with Dr. Bolognese, we have decided to adopt the format of the SECOND OPINION, following an established model utilized during the last years by a growing number of Academic Institutions, including Stanford, UPenn, Mayo Clinic, Cornell, Mass General, Columbia, Hopkins, etc.
SECOND OPINION consists in a review of the medical records submitted by a patient, resulting in a written report reflecting the analysis, the assessment, and the therapeutic plan, as formulated by an expert.
This SECOND OPINION formula will streamline the clinical evaluation of the patients in need, thus resulting in:
- Faster turnaround time and higher volume in the outpatient activity
- Faster turnaround time and higher volume in the surgical activity
This process of remote review will apply to new incoming patients and Established patients
- Dr. Bolognese and the Surgical Branch will no longer offer Videoconferencing, effective August 1st 2021.
- The Medical Branch of the Chiari EDS Center will continue to offer Videoconferencing and Telemedicine with Dr. Ruhoy and Dr, Maitland.
- Patients who have been already screened, approved, and scheduled for a Telemedicine conference with Dr. Bolognese will be the first ones in line to be processed for the SECOND OPINION procedure.
- The Medical Branch of the Chiari EDS Center will offer Videoconferencing and Telemedicine with Dr. Ruhoy and Dr, Maitland.
- As to be expected, there will be an interplay between the Surgical and the Medical branches: i.e. a patient initially evaluated by the Medical Branch could be passed to the Surgical branch, and viceversa.